There’s nothing like the beautiful group trance of a live concert, but if you missed a night at the RPO last season, no worries. The 2015-16 season broadcasts will continue on Monday nights at 8:00 p.m. this fall with these performances: See all
- Stephanie Berg, "Ravish and Mayhem" (RPO premiere)
- Sergei Prokofiev, Piano Concerto No. 3
- Richard Strauss, "Ein Heldenleben (A Hero's Life)
Ward Stare conducting, Vadym Kholodenko, piano
- Patrick Harlin, "Rapture" (RPO premiere)
- Samuel Barber, Symphony No. 1
- Ralph Vaughan Williams, "Fantasia on a Theme of Thomas Tallis"
- Richard Strauss, "Four Last Songs"
Ward Stare, conductor; Erin Wall, soprano
- Camille Saint-Saȅns, "Danse Bacchanale" from "Samson and Delilah"
- Rachmaninoff, "Symphonic Dances."
Please note that pianist Yuja Wang appeared with the RPO during this performance. But Ms. Wang’s international recording agreements will not allow her recent live concerts with the RPO to be broadcast.
Ward Stare, conductor
- Leonard Bernstein, "Symphonic Dances" from "West Side Story"
- Jeff Tyzik, Violin Concerto (world premiere)
- Astor Piazzolla, "Tangazo" (RPO premiere)
Jeff Tyzik conducting, Juliana Athayde, violin
- Albert Roussel, "Bacchus and Ariadne" suite
- Sergei Rachmaninoff, "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini"
- Alexander Borodin, "Polovtsian Dances" from "Prince Igor"
- Maurice Ravel, "Daphnis and Chloé" Suite No. 2
Ward Stare, conductor; Olga Kern, piano; Rochester Oratorio Society, Eric Townell, director.
Oh, and this note: A NEW season of live RPO concerts kicks off on Thursday, September 15th at 7:30 p.m. with Ward Stare conducting Ron Nelson’s Savannah River Holiday and Beethoven’s 7th (a WXXI-FM listeners top ten fav!) AND pianist Jon Nakamatsu playing Sergei Rachmaninoff’s 2nd piano concerto.